Saturday, May 03, 2008

So I found this interesting today. I was the 'victim' credit card fraud recently. Same crappy story, got a call from the bank "Sir did you spend $400 at Tommy Hilfiger yesterday?". Well, other than the fact that I wouldn't be caught dead buying that overpriced crap no I didn't make that purchase. "That's what we thought sir, did you make these other purchases at insert-expensive-label-shop-here?" Nope, wouldn't shop there either. "Thank you sir, your new card is on it's way. Thank you for being a customer."

So on to the interesting part, everyone complains that they always get the prompt "To continue in spanish press 1." Today I called to activate my platinum plus card (which is apparently not as cool as a plumb card - I've got to move to fruit) and I was greeted with the first option being "If you are calling to activate your platinum plus card and would like to continue in English press 1."

I'm not sure if I should be offended or not? Are they assuming that I am English speaking or are they one organization that has their shit together and knows that I have a preference for English? I love to practice my Spanish, but managing my financial transactions I still like to do in my native tongue. Is there any way that a company can offer a language preference without being offensive or do we all just need to get over it and get on with our lives?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home